The Wedding Ceremony. Order of Events.
Whether you want your wedding ceremony outdoors, in a church, or still have no idea where its going to be, your going to need to start planning. Wedding ceremonies can be tradition, civil, religious and frankly in this day and age they can be whatever you want. When it comes to wedding ceremonies we’re big believers here at Team Wedding that you should be focused on making it personal and special. That’s why we recommend you think about your vows and what they mean to you.
The first you need to remember about your wedding ceremony is the order of events. That’s always a good way to visualize all the things you need to think about. Whether your service is civil or religious, it will likely follow the same general outline in terms of order of events:
- The Procession
- The Officiant’s Opening Remarks
- The Charge to the Couple
- The Exchange of Vows
- The Ring Exchange
- The Pronouncement of Marriage
- The Kiss
- The Closing Remarks
- The Recessional
Other Wedding Ceremony Tips
- Renewing Your Wedding Vows. Examples and Sample Vows for a Wedding Vow Renewal Ceremony.
- Second Wedding Ceremonies and Vows. Sample Wedding Vows for a Second Marriage.
- Wedding Ceremony Music. Complete Guide to Wedding Ceremony Music and how to plan around amazing songs.
- Wedding Planning Guides. Team Wedding’s ultimate guides to wedding planning. One for each part of your wedding.
- The Ultimate Wedding Checklist. A complete list of all the things you need to do. It is a seriously long list.