Bridal Shower Menu Ideas
The menu for the bridal shower need not be fancy. After all, this is an opportunity for those closest to the bride to come together, visit with one another, and basically have some good, clean girl fun. Keep the women on your guest list in mind and prepare foods based on their palate. Some of the best bridal showers I’ve attended have served a simple menu of wine and cheese. Although the food and gifts add to the festivities, the focus should be on having some stress free fun for the bride and her guests.
- Appetizers – vegetables and dip, assorted cheeses, crackers, chips, nuts, etc.
- The Main Meal – salad and a casserole works well and serves many guests. Select a menu that can be prepared ahead of time, (lasagne, baked ziti, grilled chicken breasts, fried chicken, meatballs) because you don’t want to be busy in the kitchen when you could be mingling with your guests. Also consider where the guests will be eating. It may be best to serve finger foods, or foods that are bite sized so no cutting is involved.
- For vegetarians – If some of your guests are vegetarians, include a meatless dish such as a bean or eggplant casserole and pasta salad. If you plan to serve a chicken or shrimp salad, put aside some of the salad in a separate bowl before adding the chicken or shrimp.
- Drinks – coffee, tea, soft drinks and/or punch. Mimosa (orange juice with champagne) is good for a brunch. This can be used to toast the bride. If you don’t want to serve liquor, there are many good non-alcoholic champagne choices available now.
- Dessert Shower – specially decorated cake, pies, fruit tray with cream cheese dip, cookies, brownies or any home made treat.
- Sunday Brunch Shower: Bagels, fresh seasonal fruit, mini danish, scones, breakfast quiche, fresh squeezed OJ, Bloody Marys, Mimosas, coffee in a variety of flavors, assorted teas.
Prepare a fabulous 5 course bridal shower menu. Get this bridal shower menu e-cookbook which will give you 30 completely and perfectly planned menus for hosting the perfect bridal shower or any dinner party or event.
More Bridal Shower Ideas