Your wedding day is fast approaching, and you’ve been very excited. You know that there are a lot of things that you should take care of and you’re slowly ticking each one of these from your list – you’ve contacted the planners, prepared the menu and booked for the location of the wedding. You can almost see everything coming together. But among all of the things that you should prepare for your wedding, one thing is still bothering you – you still don’t know which wedding dress to choose. You’ve been trying hard to lose weight, but you admit that you don’t have a perfect model-looking body. Although some wedding dresses look good in magazines, they never have the same effect once you try them on. Your body shape is different from most women out there that’s why you’re very careful about what wedding dress to choose. Your wedding day is your day that’s why you want to look perfect in every detail.
There are a lot of styles for wedding gowns available out there, and you can choose whatever you want. But choosing which wedding gown to wear can be challenging if you have a different shape. Sure, the wedding gown you’re eyeing for might look well on the model wearing it but if you have a different body shape, how it compliments your body shape will be very different. Every bride has a different body shape, and you should accept that fact. But despite this difference, you can still look fora perfect wedding dress for your body shape. Here are the ways how:
A pear-shaped body should consider these:
Your hips are usually wider than your bust and have a nicely defined waist if your body is pear-shaped. Take the time and look at yourself in front of a mirror and take notice of these characteristics. If you think your body shape is pear-shaped, you should consider these for your wedding dress:
- For your neckline, a spaghetti strap or V-neck will work best for this body shape.
- Your body shape will look good with a skirt which makes an A formation from your waist to the floor. The skirt should have the narrowness floating from your hips and thighs.
- You can use duchesse satin or taffeta as your fabric choices for this wedding dress design.
A busty body shape should consider these:
As the name suggests, your bust is large, your waist is not well-defined and your hips are narrow. With this busty type of body shape, your goal should be to balance your broader upper body with your narrower lower body and to draw attention to your face. You can achieve that in your wedding dress by taking note of the following:
- A scooped neckline is one of the things you should look for in a wedding dress. This will open up your face without showing too much of your bust. This will ensure that you’ll have enough amount of sexy when you’re wearing your wedding dress.
- If you’re eyeing to wear a strapless wedding dress, a sweetheart neckline will work best for your body shape. Stray away from a style that’s straight across your shoulders as this will make your bust appear bigger.
A plus-sized body shape should consider these:
You’re considered a plus-sized bride if you wear a size 14 or higher. Although you’re a bit bigger than most brides out there, you don’t have to worry because you can still look at your perfect on your wedding day. You just have to make sure that these are in check when choosing your wedding dress:
- An empire dress in a skirt that’s floor-length is suitable for your body shape. Your empire dress should not have any pleats anywhere as this may look like maternity wear.
- Your dress should work well your shape because once it’s too loose, you’ll look heavier than what you weigh. Your wedding dress should complement your shape and not do the opposite.
- Your fabric choice should provide structure, like satin, and you should avoid anything that’s too flowy.
An apple-shaped body should consider these:
Your body is usually referred to as “top heavy” if you have an apple-shaped body. You also have a wide torso, broad shoulders, a full bust and are generally well-proportioned. For this body shape, you should consider these before choosing your wedding dress:
- Look for a wedding dress which shows the form from your waistline with an A-shape. This kind of design will create a balance between the wedding dress and your body while highlighting your physical features.
- Lace or a ruche detailing will work well as your bodice.
- Your wedding dress choice should also have a deep V neckline so it’ll draw attention toward the vertical direction, and not the horizontal.
Your wedding dress is one of the most important things you should prioritize in preparing for your big day. And if you need all the time in the world to make the best decision, go ahead. Aside from your preferences and consideration for your body shape, the list presented in this article can help you what to choose. It’ll serve as a bridge for you to determine if your choices are appropriate for your body shape. Every bride would want to be at their best on their wedding day and choosing the perfect wedding dress for your body shape is the best way to do it. We hope you like this ezibuy.com guide.
By: Andrea Waters. Andrea is an aspiring fashion designer who loves designing women’s fashion and wedding dresses. She loves reading fashion magazines and enjoys writing about her passion. She currently writes for ezibuy.com and one day hopes to have her own fashion line.