- What is a Wedding Planner? Learn what it takes to become a professional bridal coordinator.
- Team Wedding. Ultimate Wedding Planning Guides Everything you need to know to plan an amazing wedding
- Ultimate Guide To Wedding Dresses Experts advice and tips for finding the perfect wedding dress
- Your wedding flower planning tools. Get inspired, see beutiful photos and review our must-read ideas
- Cakes must look good & taste great. Our wedding cake ideas and tips ensure your wedding cake is amazing
- FabJob's Guide: How to Become a Wedding Planner - Wedding planner course covers everything you'll need to start your career in the wedding planning industry.
- How to Start a Home-Based Wedding Planning Business - Solid tips from a certified bridal consultant.
How to Become a Wedding Planner - What You Need to Know Before You Begin a Career in Wedding Planning.
Do you have what it takes to begin a career in the wedding planning field? Consider the following to ensure your success as a professional bridal consultant.
The number of wedding planners in the US alone is approximately 10,000. This number encompasses the hobbyists and professionals because it is a career that you could get into just by purchasing a business license and business card. There are no national requirements or regulations for certification for wedding planners in the US. This lack of regulation also provides the profession with the distinction of having one of the highest attrition rates due to the wrong start in business. If you'd like to be one of the successful bridal consultants, read on.
To be a wedding planner, and to be respected as a professional, there are many benchmarks to be achieved. You must prove a level of experience or training. The bridal consultant is supported by referrals from other wedding professionals and former clients. In order to gain this referral base, you must be able to prove your value. You must show them your training level, your experience within the profession and your ability to make it work.