Raise your hand if you’re already convinced that the best part of your wedding celebrations will be arriving at your honeymoon destination. Your honeymoon is so important, as it provides you and your best with some much-needed—and much-deserved!—downtime. Say goodbye to the planning, the stress, and the crazy family characters and say hello long, lazy days with no where to be and nothing to do.
This comprehensive packing list has everything you need to making packing one less thing to over think as you prepare for your big day, regardless of where you’re headed. This list was created for a 7-10 day trip, and is designed for warmer honeymoons. For cooler climates, simply replace shorts and short dresses with longer pants, tops, and formalwear.
- Bras. Remember to include a sports bra, if you think you’ll engage in any fitness activities while you’re away.
- 1-2 camisoles or tank tops
- 3-5 mix and match bikini pieces, depending on the destination of your trip. Even if you’re heading for snowy mountains, chances are you’ll have a pool or hot tub available!
- 1 jacket. Lightweight or heavy, depending on your destination.
- 1-2 scented candles
- Scented massage oil
- Bubble bath
- As many pieces of lingerie as nights of your trip. Get creative and write a few descriptive hints for each piece, put them in an envelope, and read them to your guy each night. Let him choose!
- 2-7 formal dresses. A few short, a few long. If you’re planning for a resort or a cruise, you’ll need more formal dresses than if you’re planning a more low-key honeymoon such as a quaint hotel in San Juan; a beach house on the Riviera Maya.
- 1-2 summer dresses
- 2 pairs of shorts
- 1 pair of jeans. Or a few more if your destination is cooler.
- Lightweight cardigan. For evenings, lounging, or the plane.
- 3-4 sleeveless tops
- Swimsuit cover-up
- 1-2 pairs of (versatile) heels
- 1 pair of cute sandals
- 1 pair of flip-flops
- 1 pair running shoes (if you’ll use them)
- 1 pair of boots, if traveling to a cool destination
Lounge & Sleep
- 1 pair of yoga paints and/or leggings
- A comfy tee
- A cute pair of pajamas. Wait, who needs pajamas on a honeymoon?
- Shampoo & conditioner
- Hair products, including bobby pins and hair ties
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, floss
- Razor and shaving cream
- Aloe/after-sun balm
- Small first aid kit
- Birth control/Condoms
- Lib balm
- Facial cleanser and moisturizer
- Tampons. If there’s any chance you’ll start during your honeymoon, bring them! They can be difficult to find in international destinations.
- Passport, visas, booking/ticket information
- Credit/ATM cards
- Photocopies of all tickets, IDs, confirmation information, vaccinations, traveler’s insurance, and prescription meds
- Leave contact and travel information, as well as photocopies of your tickets, IDs, and confirmation information with a trusted friend or family member in case of emergency or stolen luggage
- Cell phone charger
- Contact information of your doctor and any other emergency contacts
- Camera, charger, extra battery
- 1-2 paperbacks. On the plane, on the beach, in a hammock….
- 2 travel umbrellas
- Various sizes of Ziplocs or other sealable plastic bags
- Comfortable daypack, crossbody bag, or purse
Did we forget anything? What would you add?