“Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.” It’s one of the longest standing traditions when it comes to luck and superstitions on the big day. But even one of the biggest traditions can seem to slip through the cracks amidst all the other wedding details. On my wedding day, for example, as I was getting dressed I realized I didn’t have anything “borrowed.” In a panic, I ended up borrowing my mom’s Spanx. Charming, right?
Don’t stress! We’ve collected 10 unique ideas to complete 1/4 of the equation, your “something blue.” Some of these can be done last minute (writing on the bottom of shoes, sewing in a quick blue ribbon), and some require pre-planning (wearing a blue sash or blue wedding dress). Either way, they’ll all do the trick to bring you big luck on the big day.
1. DASHING SASH: A soft gray-blue sash adds elegance and interest to your gown.
2. CINDERELLA DRESS: You’ll answer so many questions in conversations with your guests at the wedding; “what is your ‘something blue’?” won’t be one of them if you rock this dress.
3. BLUE SHOES: Whether you want boots, Converse sneakers or stilettos, add a little fancy to your footwear with a pop of blue. How cute are these turquoise cowboy boots?
4. HANKY PANKY: A pale blue bustier and panties are a great option for the bride who’d prefer to keep the color blue under wraps.
5. TO HAVE AND TO HOLD: A simple blue monogram on ribbon or burlap adds a cute touch (and luck!) to your bouquet.
6. TUCKED AWAY: Maybe blue really isn’t your thing — but you still need it! A covert blue bow sewn into your petty coat is a quick solution that will bring you just as much luck.