Writing a best man speech can be daunting, to say the least. However, it does not have to be.
By sticking with our short best man speeches method, you can say what needs to be said and still impress and be funny.
All it takes is a few minutes, and then you can breathe again and enjoy the day!
A Shortened Speech Structure
Our favorite short best man speeches follow the traditional structure:
- First, talk about your relationship with the groom after a short introduction of yourself.
- Thank everyone for organizing the event.
- If anyone has sent messages but cannot be there that day, read them.
- Poke fun at the groom a bit by sharing a funny story.
- Compliment the bride and say something about the bridesmaid.
- Offer a bit of advice to the married couple. Something funny is great, here.
- Then, offer up a sincere toast to the newlyweds.
- When you are done, present the next speaker for the evening. Finally, take your seat.
- The Ultimate Guide to Wedding Speeches & Toasts. Our go-to guide.
- Groom’s Speech. Deliver an amazing Groom wedding speech. Groom speech examples.
- Best Man Speech. Create an awesome best man speech. Example best man speeches.
- Father of the Bride Speech. A heartfelt father of bride speech. Example father speeches.
- Sample Toasts & Speech Quotes. One liners, funny quotes, love parables and much more.
- Recent Wedding Speech Posts. Latest blog posts about wedding speeches and toasts.
An Example To Use
Hello, everyone, I am Brad. You may not know me, but Keith and I go way back, since college, in fact. We have been mischief makers together since the very start.
But despite our best efforts, today has went off without a hitch. A special thanks to everyone who made today possible. I have a few words to read from well-wishers who could not join us here today (read off messages sent from people who could not attend).
Well, their kind words are right. Keith is a heck of a guy. I guess I first knew that on the day we met. There he was, already in our dorm room, doing his best to find himself a girl on campus. And he had only been there a few hours! Really, his pursuits in this avenue were largely less than successful.
That was, until he met Maddie. And thank goodness for that. Keith, I hate to tell you this, but I have seen your ex-girlfriends, and I certainly think the best woman won out. Or, at least the most beautiful, at any rate. She looks stunning today. So, too, do the bridesmaids. If any of them are interested, I can give them my number after this is over.
I would like to offer you both a bit of advice today, as you start this new journey together. Keith, always treat Maddie like the queen that she is. And Maddie, always remember that Keith love you and could not do it without you. Seriously, I have seen him without you. And that was a mess.
But, seriously, I wish you all best. You are both near and dear to me. Your life together is sure to be a fantastic new chapter for both of you. Now, if you would all join me to give a toast to Luke and Maddie.
Are you nervous? Afraid you might forget the words? Not sure if you can do it in front of all those people? Still do not know what to write to be witty and funny? Check out our Total Guide to Wedding Speeches & Toasts.
The Importance of Great, but Short Best Man Speeches
Crafting a great best man speech can be easier than you thought. Remember, a great best man speech can illustrate to everyone else just why you are the best man.
And it will certainly make the couple appreciative of you. Offering up a few thoughtful words can certainly set the tone for the event. It can also serve as an entertaining venue to poke gentle fun of the groom. So give them something short, yet sweet, to entertain them with and commemorate the day.