After you had your fairy-tale wedding, why not linger in that romantic bubble a little while longer and continue on across the big pond for a dreamy European honeymoon?
Wander the old streets in the City of Love, then venture on to vibrant London, before ending your trip with a touch of “dolce vita” in romantic Italy. Here are our ideas for an unforgettable 10-day honeymoon in Europe.
Day 1-3: Be an American in Paris
Start your honeymoon in the most romantic city in the world. Yes, you’ve guessed it -Paris. The city is known for its beautiful sights, delicious cuisine and romantic atmosphere that can be found at all times throughout the year. Try spending a good amount of your time simply strolling around Paris, and enjoy French wine in the small and cozy cafés and bistros that the city is famous for. For an extra dose of newly marital bliss, don’t miss the following activities:
- wandering around the streets of Montmartre in the evening hours
- sharing a kiss in the Temple of Love on a little island located in the gardens of Versailles
- going up the Eiffel Tower
- visiting the Louvre – the largest art museum in the world
Day 4-6: Pay a visit to the Queen in London
On the fourth day of your honeymoon trip, go to Gare du Nord station and hop on the Eurostar train. It takes you a little more than two hours to England’s capital. Remember that the weather in northern Europe can be fickle, so pack an umbrella regardless of the season.
There are about a million things to do in London and you won’t be able to do them all, so choose your favorites and enjoy! Here are a few highlights you shouldn’t miss:
- taking a ride on the famous London Eye Ferris wheel during the sunset
- exploring the city on a double-decker bus tour
- visiting a pub and ordering fish and chips
- booking a table at Clos Maggiore, the “most romantic restaurant in the world.”
Day 7-10: Eat lots of pasta and gelato in Rome
If you want to enjoy an unforgettable, once-in-a-lifetime experience, book a private jet to Italy and be treated to an exclusive flight over the clouds with unrivaled views of Europe and no waiting times. It sure sounds fancy, but it’s actually a lot less expensive than you might think!
Once you land in the ancient city of Rome, there is no way to pass up on the major sights. If you have never been there before, you simply have to visit places like the Colosseum, the Forum, the Pantheon, and the Vatican. But hey, you’re on your honeymoon! So also take the time to enjoy the best of Italy and that is, of course, all the wonderful food. The wedding is over and so is the need to fit into that special dress, so chow down on all the delicious Italian pizza and pasta you can get!
Romantic things you shouldn’t miss:
- watching a live opera performance in a Roman amphitheater
- taking an iconic picture on the Spanish Steps
- throwing a coin into the beautifully lit Trevi Fountain at night
They say a visit to the great capitals of Europe is always a good idea, but it’s truly perfect for your first travel adventure together as a married couple.