2014 Wedding Trends
What do The Great Gatsby, Calabrian chili oil, fairy dusting glitter, and the color pink have in common? They are all among the top wedding ideas that we’ll be seeing in 2014. With the start of the New Year, the Huffington Post just published its list of the top 2014 wedding trends.
- 2014 will be the year of true romance, from invitations to flowers and everything in between.
- Music that fits your theme. Bandleader Alex Donner says that clients are requesting music to match their wedding themes, for example films like the Great Gatsby and locales like France.
- The Great Gatsby also turns up as a starting point for brides who want a return to tradition with crystal candlesticks and gold-rimmed china. Beth Helmsetter of Beth Helmsetter Events in Los Angeles says that her brides “are still falling hard for the bubbly, approachable elegance of the Roaring Twenties.”
- Lush, soft romantic flowers like the peony and the garden rose.
- Citrus and fern garlands decorating bars, tables and arches.
- Spicy menus. Brides and guests are both looking for spicy options on the reception menu.
- Bling. The look ranges from a fairy dusting of very fine glitter on the top cake tiers to sparkling disco balls.
- Pink wedding gowns. The pink trend will continue in 2014 and will include nudes, blushes, and peach.
Over the past several years, strapless dresses have been the most popular. According to the Herald Mail Media, straps will return in a big way in 2014.
In its Top 10 Wedding Trends of 2014, RusticFolkWeddings.com includes monochrome and mismatched bridesmaids dresses, metallic wedding cakes, and old world vintage decorations. As anyone who watches Project Runway knows, Pantone has selected Radiant Orchid as its color of the year. Rustic Folk Weddings predicts that this color will be making a dramatic impact on weddings in 2014.
Which trends will make it into your 2014 wedding? We’d love to hear from you. Contact us to let us know your plans and to receive ideas and inspiration in planning your wedding.