How to Calculate Alcohol for a Wedding
Wedding is the most auspicious occasion in one’s life. Both the bride and groom are very excited about the wedding ceremony but it is the duty of the family members to arrange everything to make sure the guests turning up for the function are in a festive mood.
There is a huge spread of food and drinks, organized by the family of bride and all the invitees look forward to enjoying all the food and alcohol that is prepared. But sometimes it becomes very difficult to support a constant supply of drinks for the party as the need varies from person to person. Purchasing a lot of alcohol can lead to access expenses, so it becomes necessary to calculate the right amount of alcohol for the wedding so that there is adequate supply in estimated budget. Sometimes the venue provides a drinks package, so you can select a package which you can afford and extra alcohol will be used by the venue and credited back to you. Here are some tips which you can keep in your mind while calculating the right amount of alcohol so that guests can enjoy themselves:
- It is very important to calculate the number of expected guests in the party who would like to go for drinks and their drinking abilities. Children are not counted as they are not legally allowed to have drinks.
- Make list of various type of drinks which you will serve to your guests and consider a single drink of each type for each guest, offering just a few choices can cut down your costs.
- In a party we generally have a diverse group of people where each person prefers different variety of drinks, so it is necessary to estimate the number of consumers who will go for beer or wine.
- You can also use an online alcohol calculator which will calculate the amount of alcohol if you are planning to have a full bar arrangements for serving wine, champagne, cocktails, beer, whisky and other liquors.
- Ladies may prefer to have wine. So check out your guest list for the number of female invitees.
When your calculation for alcohol for wedding is over, it is better to add a little more to it because if you run out of stock then it will make you look a bit cheap at the party. But still watch your invitees to note their alcohol consumption so that you don`t put anyone in danger. Arranging some snacks with drinks can help to reduce issue.