A couple’s wedding day is one of the most important days of their lives. Unfortunately, it can be one of the most expensive days of their lives as well. When couples do not have a huge wedding budget, there are a few ways that they can save money to keep their wedding costs down.
Hold the Wedding and Reception in the Same Venue
It is a good idea for couples to hold their wedding and reception. When they hold them at different venues, they would need to pay for transportation from one location to the other for the entire bridal party. They can save a great deal of money by holding them at the same venue, cutting out the need for transportation.
Wedding Decoration for Hire
Wedding decorations can be very costly. The area where the couple is being married needs to be decorated as well as the reception venue. When couples purchase their wedding decorations, they would use them for that one day, then they would be thrown away. Wedding decorations for hire are much less expensive than purchasing decorations.
Save on the Rehearsal Dinner
A rehearsal dinner at a restaurant can be very expensive, this is especially true if the wedding party is large. A great way to save money is to make the rehearsal dinner a backyard barbeque. The cost per plate would be just a fraction of what the cost would be at a restaurant.
Save Money on Your Bar Tab
If a couple decides against having a cash bar, they need to find a way to save money on the bar tab to keep from going over their wedding budget. There are a few ways to save:
- Champagne can be expensive. Rather than purchasing several bottles for the champagne toast, let guests toast with whatever they are drinking.
- A full open bar can be very expensive. By serving just beer and wine (red and white), couples can save a great deal of money on the bar tab.
- Shots can be very expensive and they don’t last as long as drinks. A good way to keep the bar tab down is to leave shots off of the free drink menu.
- Top shelf liquor can be very expensive. To save a great deal of money on the bar tabs, couples can request that the bartender serves only midshelf liquor.
The Wedding Cake
- Wedding cakes can be very expensive. There are a few ways that you can cut the wedding cake cost. Most wedding cakes are covered in fondant, which can be expensive because of the extra labor that it takes to cover the cake. If couples go with a simple buttermilk coating, they can save a great deal of money on the cake.
- Rather than having a huge wedding cake made, you can have a small decorative cake made for the cutting ceremony and then serve a sheet cake to guests.
- Rather than having flowers made out of frosting, couples should use fresh flowers on the cake. Using fresh flowers will make the cake look gorgeous and will reduce the cost of the cake.
- Rather than using an expensive bakery, couples should consider their local grocery store bakery. They can bring in a photo of what they want the cake to look like, and the grocery store bakery can make it for the fraction of the cost of an expensive bakery.
Simple invitation designs are much less expensive than the more complex ones. Using black ink for the writing costs less than colored ink. Also, unconventional shaped invitations cost more than rectangle invites. To save yourself from the hassle, you can hire someone to do it on your behalf. Lenzo.com.au could be the ultimate choice in this regard.