Getting engaged is a euphoric but also serious event in every woman’s life. We all dream about the special day when our loved one will ask us to marry him. Furthermore, we start thinking about our wedding day since we are little girls. Main topics that young girls think about are their wedding dresses, floral arrangements, menu, cake, etc. However, when it comes to wedding rings, we usually want to give our input into choosing it. There are plenty of options out there, but pearl wedding rings seem to be in fashion nowadays.
Top 5 Trendy Wedding Rings
When it comes to wedding rings, you should choose what best suits your personality. Although, this is only possible when your fiancée doesn’t surprise you with a proposal ring of his choice. It does not matter whether you are a traditional bride or not. From simple, minimalist styles to vintage models, there are many ring types you can choose from.
- Colored diamonds. White simple diamonds are the most common ones on the market. However, if you want to be original and stand out, you should pick a colorful precious stone. Most of the diamonds don’t just have one single color. They also present different hues which are beautiful, especially in the sunlight. A good option could be a yellow or pink stone. However, if you are a brave person, you can even go for a black or chocolate diamond.
- Square rings. Untraditional brides could give a try to a square band. This is not only a courageous statement, but it can also feel more comfortable. It is said that being square-shaped, this kind of wedding ring is not constricting for your fingers.
- Vintage designs. Some families keep their precious traditions by passing a wedding ring from generation to generation. However, if you don’t have a wealthy grandmother to offer you her engagement symbol, you can still find a vintage ring. This kind of ring will draw others’ attention to your hand, for sure. Furthermore, a vintage design has a more glamorous look. It is practically timeless.
- Pear-shaped diamonds. Everyone can have a classic round diamond. However, wearing a pear-shaped stone can create a more special vibe. It is a more luxurious style. Furthermore, it will complement your fingers, making them look longer and thinner. These rings are usually more expensive than the round ones.
- Pearl wedding rings. Pearl wedding rings are making a comeback. They were very popular in the past. Pearls are symbolizing purity as well as wealth. However, in the last years, they were shadowed by other types of stones and gems. Pearls change any outfit, making it more stylish.
How to Choose the Perfect Wedding Ring?
When picking a ring, you must think about what style and cutting will most complement your hands. There are plenty of factors to consider before actually purchasing a wedding ring. Besides the budget, there are also the following things to think of when choosing the perfect ring:
- Your lifestyle. Think of the fact that you will have to wear this ring probably every day for the rest of your life. Therefore, you should choose a comfortable ring, especially if you have an active lifestyle. If you are a sporty person, or you play an instrument, you should pick a slimmer band for your wedding rings.
- The length of your fingers. If you have long fingers, you can choose almost any type of stone, from common round ones to marquise-shapes gems. However, when your fingers are shorter, you should stick with oval or pear-shaped stones. These types will slim your fingers, too. Try not to choose a very thick band, because this will create an unpleasant aspect.
- Color. Do you prefer a white stone or a colored one? When it comes to diamonds, there are plenty of choices. You can go for a pink or even a chocolate-hued one. If you are a traditional bride, white pearl wedding rings are a great option. You can also opt for gray or black pearl wedding rings, which will stand out from the crowd, for sure.
- The band’s material. You can choose whatever you want, from gold to silver or even platinum, depending on your preferences as well as the budget. However, if you prefer pearl wedding rings, then you should select a silver, platinum or white gold one. This kind of band matches pearls perfectly.
- Think about its maintenance. Don’t choose an engagement ring that will be hard to keep clean. Some stones are very fragile, and they need to be washed and brushed gently with a soft tool. However, if the ring is simple and made of gold or platinum, its cleaning process will be much easier. Pearl wedding rings are easy to clean, especially if they don’t have any other additional stones or fancy cuttings.
Why Should You Choose Pearl Wedding Rings?
Pearl wedding rings are classy and give a simpler, more elegant look to everyone who is wearing them. Furthermore, they are more durable and less expensive than a traditional diamond ring. However, even pearl wedding rings must be taken off while doing housework or other activities that might damage it.
Don’t fret if you do not have the hands of a pianist, with never-ending fingers. Pearl wedding rings will polish your overall look and make it more sophisticated. Natural pearls are the most beautiful ones but also the most expensive type. However, there are other alternatives such as cultured pearls, saltwater or freshwater pearls.
Choosing an engagement ring is a beautiful thing, but it can also become a stressful one. You must consider several aspects before deicing which one to buy. It depends on factors such as budget, lifestyle, bride’s personality, finger length, preferences, and more. Some traditional brides would love to wear a classic diamond ring. On the other hand, there are other alternatives such as pearl rings.
It’s all a matter of taste and preference, so choose carefully. No matter which option you go for, it will remain with you for the rest of your life, as a symbol of eternal love, commitment, and devotion.