A typical wedding has multiple parts and things that have to be done for it to be perfect. Many people who are taking part in it have to plan in advance. This includes members of the wedding party who are supposed to propose a toast. Proposing a wedding toast that will express your hearty congratulations to the bride and groom requires some preparation.
You can use a wedding speech quote. You do not have to write a whole new toast. You can instead build your toast around wedding speech quotes. It could be from a noted figure or an anonymous source. Adding your own words is also essential. Using quotes is among the widely adopted wedding toast tips due to its effectiveness. There are other wedding speech tips that will also make your toast better and memorable. The list below comprises of some quotations that you can use.
- My heart is ever at your service-William Shakespeare. It is the ideal quote that either the bride or groom can say to the other partner. It shows affection and optimism. It also shows readiness and willingness to commit to the relationship.
- You don’t marry the person you can live with… you marry the person you can’t live without-Unknown. The quote reassures the couple that they have made the right choice.
- It is written, when children find true love, parents find true joy. Here’s to your joy and ours from this day forward-Unknown. A father’s approval and blessings are important to the bride and groom. The fathers of the brides are usually filled with emotions on the wedding days of their little princesses. The father has to let go a little for her to start a new life with someone else.
- Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful and endures through every circumstance—1 Corinthians 13:7. Putting religious views in weddings is common in traditional weddings. This is a reassuring quote from the bible. It means that the marriage will work out regardless of the hurdles that they may face.
- He stole my heart… So, I stole his last name- Erika Thornhill
- Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction-Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you’ll be happy. If you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher-Socrates
- A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person- Mignon McLaughlin
- To be happy with a woman, love her a lot and do not try to understand her- Chikku George
- Grow old with me. The best is yet to be — the last of life for which the first was made- Robert Browning