Best Man Speech Examples
The is a lot of pressure on the best man to perform. We also know it is hard to put pen to paper without some inspiration. That’s why we pulled together some example best man speeches. These great best man speeches should provide a great baseline of ideas for you to get those creative juices flowing. We tried to be thorough, pulling together serious best man speech examples, short best man speeches that get to the point, best man speech one liners you can include, best man speech quotes that always get a rection, funny best man speeches and best man jokes with a final dose of best man toast ideas you can use to finish your speech. We hope they help.
Best Man Speech Sample
Best Man Speech Sample 1
Good Evening. My name is (Best Man) and on behalf of (Groom and Bride), I would like to thank you for attending this blessed event today! I have the honor of acting as Best Man tonight, and am thrilled that I am with these two wonderful people as they begin this new chapter in their lives.
(Bride and Groom) have each walked many miles to be here together today, and this wedding is a joy to behold. I can speak for everyone in this room, when I say we all wish you the happiness that you deserve. We are so glad that you have found one another, and this day is a reminder that the best is yet to come. Congratulations, (Bride and Groom)!
Best Man Speech Sample 2
What a whirlwind of a day! In the afternoon we were trying to get all the beautiful bridesmaids, all the handsome groomsmen, not to mention the stunning bride and the dashing groom, ready for this day of celebration. I have to say, Stuart (groom) was surprisingly calm and collected–as if he knew what he was getting himself into.
Myself, I may appear to be relaxed right now but I was frantic in the morning. It was my job to dress the groomsmen and let’s just say they are not exactly black tie guys. Do you know how many times I had to explain to the groomsmen that you can’t wear black Converses with tuxedos?
Stuart on the other woke up at 6 a.m. and was fully dressed and ready to go. I even thought that he might have slept in his tuxedo just to make sure that he was firing on all cylinders.
You know Stuart has always been a man of uber intensity. When he knows what he wants he decides to go get it. I remember when we were kids, one day he decided he wanted to get this awesome 250CC Honda dirt bike. However, his parents were not the type to spoil Stuart as they wanted to instil certain values in him. Stuart worked odd jobs, landscaping in the pouring rain for £3 an hour, mowing grass in the cold Manchester summers. For an entire year he worked his tail off for that dirt bike and eventually he bought it. That’s the kind of guy Stuart is, when he knows what he wants he does whatever he has to do to get it.
I remember that look in Stuart’s eyes after his first date with Laura. Man – how could I forget! I never knew what the word smitten meant until I saw this radiant glow shine off from his eyes. I looked at him and said, “another bachelor bites the dust.”
I think he knew from that night that he wanted to be here today, because he had met the perfect woman. It was love at first sight–well it wasn’t really first sight, but perhaps love at first date. These two have had that magical type of romance that I thought you only see in the movies.
I know I don’t have to tell them to cherish this day, and of course to cherish each other. I don’t have to tell them how special their relationship is, that they need to nurture and care for it. That they have to respect and care for each other, protect each other, love each other. I know these two, and I know that they know full well what they need to do, and what they’re going to do. So everyone, raise your glasses high. Join me in wishing these two wonderful souls a continued life of love, magic and most of all true friendship for the rest of their lives. (source)
Short Best Man Speeches
Short Speech Example 1
On behalf of (Bride & Groom), I’d like to thank everyone for attending this beautiful wedding today. My name is (Best Man’s name), and I am the Best Man. I have to tell you, once (Groom) met (Bride), I knew it was all over for him – he was completely smitten. He walked around in a daze with a goofy look on his face and seemed to spend a lot of time on the phone, talking in hushed tones. But seriously, I have never seen (Groom) so happy and content. I wish you both the best of luck and a life together filled with health, happiness and joy. Congratulations, (Bride & Groom)!
Short Speech Example 2
David & Anita. The truest meaning of marriage is the magic of being needed by just one person. The two of you have come together to share your lives and realize your dreams. Today you are husband and wife. This is day one of a great adventure and I’m honoured to be able to share it with you. Remember that great opportunities to help each other seldom come… but small ones will surround you everyday.
I toast you… and wish you a long marriage filled with love and above all, laughter. (source)
Example Best Man Toasts
These example best man toasts are great to use as the end of the best man speech.
Best Man Toast Example 1
As the best man, it’s my turn now to make a toast. My name is (Best Man’s name), and I’ve known (Groom) since fourth grade. Wow. That’s a long time. Back then we were more interested in transformers than girls. Then it was sports rather than girls. But, sure enough as the seasons change, there came a time when we were more interested in girls than anything else. After watching (Bride and Groom ) fall in love, I can say, now I know all those years of transformer and sports training were worthwhile – (Groom) will always have the transforming ability to say ‘Yes Honey’ and the Olympic endurance to say ‘Yes Honey’ for year, after year, after year. Here’s to the Bride and Groom!
Best Man Toast Example 2
I’d like to propose a toast to the bride and groom. May today be the beginning of a wonderful new and long-lasting chapter in their lives, and may they always love, honor and cherish each other, just as they do today.
Best Man Speech Quotes
Example Best Man Quotes 1
I thought I’d write the world’s greatest Best Man toast. I spent hours researching on the Internet, seeking wedding poetry, vows, Tibetan wisdom journals, and even ESPN, looking for the critical insight that only a Best Man can provide. Alas, all to no avail. So all I can say is this. I cried when (Groom) told me that he was going to ask (Bride) to marry him, and the next week I cried when I heard the answer was yes. My heart bursts with joy, because (Bride and Groom) are truly made for each other.
Example Best Man Quotes 2
(Bride and Groom) – I would like to begin with a speech. A wise person once told me that magic happens at the most unexpected moments. I would have to disagree. Today has been planned for months and months, and it was still filled with magic. I’ve known (Groom) for many years, and I’ve never seen him happier than when he is with (Bride). And I haven’t seen (Bride) without a smile when she and (Groom) are together. This magic that makes them happy today is love. Love, however, isn’t always simple. You will fight and disagree, but as long as you love each other this magic will never die. May the rest of your lives be filled with magical moments. Congratulations!
Best Man Speech Jokes
Best Man Joke 1
I did some research on the internet into weddings. I looked at the three key elements of the wedding service itself:
The Aisle ‐ it’s the longest walk you’ll ever take
The Alter ‐ the place where two become one
The Hymn ‐ the celebration of marriage
I think Sarah must have done the same research as I did, because as she was walking past me, I’m sure I heard her whisper Aisle…altar…hymn, aisle altar hymn. “I’ll alter him”
Best Man Joke 2
There’s been much clap trap about “I’m not losing a daughter but gaining a son-in-law.” My sympathies to (Name), the Father of the bride, for trading his daughter for (Groom) as his son-in-law. I spent four years in college with (Groom), and I assure you, I know who’s getting the better end of the trade!
Best Man Speech Opening Lines
Getting your best man speech off to a great start is the key to building momentum and getting guests in the right mood. Do it right and you will have everybody ‘with you’. Get it wrong and you will hear silence. Here are some opening lines you can use to get off to a strong start.
- I read somewhere that a best man speech shouldn’t take any longer than it takes the groom to make love. So ladies and gentlemen – I give you Mr and Mrs Owen. (Take drink and sit down).
- Ladies and Gentlemen: you are all about to witness a unique event in history. The very first and very last time that my wife is going to let me speak on behalf of both of us.
- My speech today will be like a mini-skirt. Long enough to cover the essentials but short enough to hold your attention!
- I didn’t really know where to start so I thought I’d do some internet research. After a couple of hours I‘d found some really, really good stuff. But then I remembered that I was supposed to be writing a speech.
Best Man One Liners
It always settles the nerves when you get a laugh so here’s a few best man speech jokes and one liners to give you a bit of inspiration.
- It has been a very emotional day ……..as some of you must have noticed that even the cake is in tiers.
- Good afternoon ladies and gentleman. If there is anybody here who is feeling worried, nervous or apprehensive, you’re either me (because I am) or you just married Bob Mountain.
- I am actually a little nervous doing this, but I feel a bit comforted by the fact I have actually rehearsed this speech in front of a live audience at the local old peoples home, … I think it went well,they all peed themselves anyway.
- During the service today I couldn’t help thinking its funny how history repeats itself, I mean it was 30 years ago David and Pam were sending their daughter to bed with a dummy………and it’s happening all over again today.
- For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Ollie and for those of you that do … well I apologise. My full name is actually ‘Ollie would-you-like-a-drink’ For those of you who I chat to in the bar later, I’d appreciate it if you could use my full name.
- I decided to look up Dan’s date of birth on the Internet to see what momentous events took place on his birthday. Unfortunately nothing much seems to have happened. Although the nurses on the ward where Dan was born still refer to that day as Ugly Thursday!
- So where do I start with Marc? Well for starters he’s…Handsome, Witty, Intelligent, He’s Char… Charm…. Sorry…Marc …. I’m having trouble reading your handwriting, you can tell me the rest later.
- Now I did ask for a microphone but was told one wasn’t available. So if you can’t hear me at the back, the silence from the people at the front should re‐assure you that you’re not missing out on anything.
- Leading up to today John and Jane were having an issue with the seating plan. Who would sit comfortably in here & who would have to get up and stand during the speeches so we decided to use wedding present list, biggest presents at front and work it back from there.
- I’ve also spoken to some of Mike’s work colleagues who tell me that his nickname at work is ‘The God’, its true, apparently he makes his own rules and if he does any work it’s usually a miracle.
- Don’t worry my speech won’t take too long today, because of my throat. Sarah has threatened to cut it if I go on for too long. And Tom has threatened to cut it if I mention anything about the bachelor party in Vegas.
- For those of you on the Bride’s side who are just getting to know him; here is some advice. Never let him date a member of your family.
- Someone once said that marriage is a 50/50 partnership, but anyone who believes that clearly knows nothing about women or fractions!
- The trouble with being the best man at a wedding is that you never get to prove it.